- Location: Cambridge
- Salary: £40,000-45,000
- Type: Permanent
Hands up if you want out of audit?!?!. . . lets be honest if you are reading this you probably do, but you don’t want all that experience to go to waste.
You would be joining afast based, complex businesswho provide specialist funding for projects (normally relating to major renewable developments and currently at £90million), they may be based in a quiet and tranquil villagebut don’t be deceived, their HQ might be based in a refurbished Victorian school, but they have a corporate cultureand work at City pace.
You will be working closely with the wider finance team, and reporting into the Head of Finance in a brand new role with oodles of scope for progression. Essentially the year end takes too long and the MD gets far too involved!
Your Audit background will come in handy as they are looking for someone to challenge the Auditors (not in a ‘gladiators ready’ sense. . .although that could be quite fun!).
In a Nutshell.
You are going to be the Financial Accountant for this complex company, its subsidiaries and external investments. There is a shed load of work to be done and all of it interesting:
- Providing business and financial guidance
- Assisting the Head of Finance to develop policies and procedures to ensure the financial management and control of the business
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure efficient management of company’s finances and compliance with statutory requirements
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy and performance
- Provide and interpret financial information, including Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and predicting future trends
- Assist the Head of Finance in the management of the company’s financial accounting,monitoring and reporting systems
- Produce accurate financial reportsto specific deadlines and where appropriate report findings to the Board of Directors
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure operational processes are managedfor existing and new funding lines. This also includes meeting prescribed regulatory requirements
- Liaise with auditorsand oversee the preparation of the company’s financial year end accounts and ensure that these are presented accurately on time and meet prescribed regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory returns to external bodies such as HMRC
- Apply the company’s Loan Loss Provisioning Policy
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide best value to the company.
- Develop external relationshipswith appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors,funders, bankers, payroll providers and statutory organisations such as Inland Revenue
As with any job there are some things that the firm requires you to have to enable you to add value from the off:-
- Qualified – ACA, ACCA or CIMA with practice experience
- Audit Experience with up to date technical experience of FRS102
- Practice experience and any experience of working with Investment clients would be a thumbs up!
- Advanced IT skills – you will probably be confident of working with all the mastery that Excel is capable of
- Solution driven – you will be involved in creating solutions to process or procedure issues for new projects and controls
- Ability to influence others – this would have been honed when conducting audit closing meetings and giving your recommendations, they need that skill !
- Confident and assertive – its a small office, 35 at the moment and wall flowers need not apply
Been around for 18 years
Locally based but City based work
Great move out of Audit that still offers progression
Competitive salary + bonus and benefits
Currently have 90million in Investment