- Location: Home based/National
- Salary: £60-64,000
- Type: Part Time or Full Time
Flexible working as it should be. . . Pick your own hours, full time? Part time? Condensed hours? And most of your time will be spent working from home. . .yes, you did read that right.
You would be joining a leading Accountancy practice’s Technical Training team, made up of 12 specialists all passionate about enabling professional and personal development. You would be replacing an individual who currently works 3 days (condensed hours) and has been with the firm for 5 years.
The National Training Director is a great person to work for, they are personable, engaging and embrace tech and agile working, there is scope for this position to be 3, 4 or 5 days a week and they are open to how these hours are worked.
Picture this, working from home (which could be anywhere in the UK) most of the time you would be utilising tech to attend virtual meetings with the wider team, or meeting them face to face to discuss training planning and ideas.
Whilst working from home, probably eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon (no one would ever know, and no judging here) you will be writing interactive courses and training content that puts the emphasis on the learner.
This would be building up to delivering in a classroom setting approx. 2 days a week during the peak training time of mid-August to late Jan. Your audience will range from trainees at the start of their ACA training right through to partners.
Your imagination and proactive approach will be utilised by the bucket load, the team aren’t looking for a trainer to just deliver material in a lecture style, you are going to have a whole host of different accelerated learning techniques to use and a nationwide eLearning team to support you. Sounds good doesn’t it. . .
The topics you will be training on will be predominately Audit focused, this is going to use all that lovely audit knowledge you have amassed in practice and your ACA qualification. Some courses will be focused on supporting the trainees with their soft skills, but you will have team meetings to discuss topics.
Cards on the table, what are the firm looking for?
- Someone who is ACA qualified with audit experience gained within practice
- Training experience, you might be working in a 100% training role, perhaps a Tutor at an ACA training provider or training forms part of your current job role
- Experience of writing interactive training content and delivering in a classroom format
- Knowledge of blended learning techniques
- Happy to work from home (the firm are huge, if you need occasional human contact you can always hot desk in an office close to you)
- Someone who is aware that national travel is involved – 2 days a week during peak training times and travel to London for team meetings
What’s in it for you
- Flexible working hours – option of part time (min 3 days) and/or condensed hours
- Working from home
- Interesting challenging work, with great resources at your fingertips
- Top tech on tap
- Competitive salary £60-64k (full time equivalent)
- 27 days holiday from day 1
- Tons of development opportunities for you
- ALL travel paid for, even to London for meetings etc
House Recruitment operate as a recruitment consultancy and we will contact all applicants within 7 days of application.
We are the only agency engaged on this piece of recruitment. Michelle knows the business very well having placed the National Training Director and 2 of their team over the last 8 years.